What is Osteopathy and how do we treat you at FisioBalance?
Osteopathy is based on a global therapeutic approach to the body. The osteopath pays special attention to the structure of the individual and the mechanical problems that occur in it.
Our main tool is hands. We use different Manual Therapy techniques adapted to each patient and their needs, considering age, sex and health status.
The osteopath sees a patient as a whole, taking into account that the systems are always related to each other.
During the first visit, our expert performs an anamnesis and initial evaluation to define a diagnosis and establish the treatment plan. It is important to complement the clinical history with the latest imaging tests: MRI, X-ray, ultrasound.
Put yourself in good hands and make sure that the professionals have relevant training. In FisioBalance, osteopaths have a university degree in Physiotherapy and Master in Osteopathy.
Injuries and pathologies treated by Osteopathy:
- Spine: Pathologies of the spine: herniated discs, arthritis, discopathies, whiplash, spindylolisthesis, kyphosis, scoliosis…
- Alteration of posture.
- Back pain of muscular, degenerative or post-traumatic origin. Contractures, muscle overload.
- Jaw: Temporomandibular joint disorders: disc displacement with or without reduction, altered bite, asymmetry of facial and/or cranial bones, parafunctions, bruxism.
- Shoulders: supraspinatus tendinitis, rotator cuff injuries, sub-acromial syndrome, osteoarthritis…
- Facet syndrome.
- Headaches (headache, migraine).
- Peripheral nervous system: Entrapment of nerves and/or nerve plexuses (sciatica, carpal tunnel, cervicobrachialgia, lumbosciatica, facial paralysis, trigeminal neuralgia…).
- Muscle injuries due to overuse: Tendinitis: epicondylitis, epitrochleitis, supraspinatus tendinitis, Achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis.
- Facial paralysis.
- Visceral problems: constipation, hiatal hernia, GERD…
- Central nervous system disorders: Parkinson’s disease, stroke, ALS …